Skeuomorphism occurs when designers incorporate concepts and ideas from existing things to help consumers navigate and understand how to use completely new things.
With Material Design, Google designers are deconstructing how consumers interact with Google properties from first principles – leaving no stone unturned and any area of Skeuomorphic thinking open to challenge.
In a similar way, for Brand marketers to stay relevant in our new Connection Economy, its healthy to challenge ourselves:
- What worked for us in print, outdoor, TV etc that we are simply copying-and-pasting to the online space?
- What have we carried over from the old into the new because its easy or familiar?
- How is digital unique and do we have a marketing expression to specifically take advantage of this uniqueness?
- If we were starting from scratch online today, would we do it this way? (Because startup disruptors probably wouldn’t)
- What sacred cows are we holding on to… and why?
Just as TV is more than radio with pictures, the web is more than TV with a keyboard/touchscreen.
How can we help?
Not many people know this but the word ‘Crisis’ in Chinese is actually made up of 2 characters, one means Danger and the other means opportunity.
Although we are going through this crisis, this current situation can force us to come up with better and more efficient processes, internal collaborations and better leaderships.
If you need help with your Online Ads, reach out to us here: https://intnt.nl/hello
Stay up to date
Get notified when we release more content. Subscribe here.