80% of results tend to come from 20% of causes

– The 80/20 Rule

 
 
Science lessons in school taught us that ‘every action has an equal and opposite reaction’.

That may be true of simple, contained science experiments but its not true of complex systems – like life.

In complex systems, 80% of results tend to come from 20% of causes.

This is known as The 80/20 Rule (also ‘The Pareto Principle’).

The 80/20 Rule can be almost universally applied to any complex area of life. eg.

  • 80% of referrals come from 20% of your websites
  • 80% of clicks come from 20% of campaigns
  • 80% of sales come from 20% of keywords

The numbers aren’t always 80/20 – they could be 80/10 or 70/20 – but there is always a small minority of causes which contributes to the majority of the result.

Knowing this, the trick then is to 80/20 your marketing/business/art/life.

What are the 20% of causes that are giving you 80% of your ‘results’?

Ruthlessly focus on this 20% – and delegate (or even ignore) the other 80%.

Every action does *not* have an equal and opposite reaction.

Some actions are worth well more than others… especially when one considers the cumulative effect of 80/20’ing your life over time.

How can we help?

Not many people know this but the word ‘Crisis’ in Chinese is actually made up of 2 characters, one means Danger and the other means opportunity.

Although we are going through this crisis, this current situation can force us to come up with better and more efficient processes, internal collaborations and better leaderships.

If you need help with your Online Ads, reach out to us here: https://intnt.nl/hello

Stay up to date

Get notified when we release more content. Subscribe here.

0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
0 0 vote
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments