Google Search, Google Display, Facebook, Bing
Shopping ads can be seen as a result of consumers Searching for a product/service and/or after they’ve visited your Ecommerce cart and are now in your Remarketing audience. In either case, potential customers using Search or viewing your Ecommerce cart have self-identified that they’re clearly in ‘Consideration/Decision’ mode.
- Search: Product Ads
- Display/Facebook: Static and/or Dynamic Product Ads
- Private Betas, A-I-C-D-R: As a Premier Google Partner, we work with Google to test potential new Beta features for Shopping with our clients privately before they are available to the public at large. As part of our Non-Disclosure contract with Google, we are not permitted to disclose current Betas we are testing, however prior private Shopping Betas that our clients have enjoyed private access to before they became publicly available have included: Customer Match for Shopping
- Branded Campaigns, D: Your Product Ads will be seen when people search for Branded keywords you specify. Why use? Typically highest buying Decision intention here, bottom of funnel audiences, highest ROI targeting is here. Often used to direct buyers to the most current offer (SEO is not always reliable) and also for roadblocking competitors who are buying your brand name.
- Competitor Campaigns, C-D: Your Product Ads will be seen when people search for Competitor names you specify. Why use? Typically these people are in Consideration to Decision mode and are almost ready to commit to purchasing your competitor’s product/service. Targeting these people means you will need a compelling reason to divert them away from the decision they’re about to make with your competitor and persuade them to take action with you instead. Typically low to medium ROI here – but even if not for ROI, important to use as a branding/positioning play.
- Unbranded Campaigns, A-I-C-D: Your Product Ads will be seen when people search for Unbranded keywords you specify. Why use? Using general, unbranded keywords relevant to your offering can target searchers almost no matter how far away they are from a buying decision. The further away the buying intent, however, the harder work you will need to do in your ad copy and landing page to entice these people to take action. ROI varies from medium to low, the further away your keywords from the buying decision.
- RLSA Campaigns, D-R: Your Product Ads will be seen by people who have already been to your website and who are again searching for keywords you specify. Why use? Commonly RLSA is used to bid more to reach non-converters who are still searching and coax them to purchase, or to cross-sell existing customers to purchase new products, or to remove wasted Search spend by excluding known audiences such as existing customers and account holders (should there be no upsell/cross-sell opportunities).